I’m sorry, it’s been a while since I blogged. I have been busy with doing a wedding and freelance work. On top of my full-time job and family obligations – I just hadn’t taken that much time out to blog.
But I’m so excited to start doing reviews again. I have been to my favorite store, Sephora, and I have gotten some things I would like to share with you. I am going to be a little more “grown-up” with my reviews. I will be grading things on a 5 point scale: 1 – poor, 2 – fair, 3 – average, 4 – good, 5 – excellent.
I will also be grading each item in 5 different categories:
- Packaging – how nice it is aesthetically. And also how functional it is and how durable it is.
- Portability – how easy is it to travel with. This will take into account each item separate (i.e. can the lip gloss fit in a clutch or pocket, where an eye shadow palette the question would be can it fit in a small overnight bag).
- Application – how easy it is applied. Or how well does the applicator do what it’s supposed to.
- Pigmentation – Is the color true once applied. Do you need to apply a lot of product for it to be seen.
- Longevity – how long does the product last. 1 – 1-2 hours, 2 – 3-4 hours, 3 – 5-6 hours, 4 – 7-8 hours, 5 – 9+ hours.
If you couldn’t tell, I am very much a numbers person. The grading wouldn’t be complete without the letter grade, right?:-) So I will take the scores from the 5 categories and get the average. This will correlate to the appropriate letter grade.
A: 4.5 – 4.9/5
B+: 4 – 4.4/5
B: 3.5 – 3.9/5
C+: 3 – 3.4/5
C: 2.5 – 2.9/5
D: 2 -2.4/5
Stay tuned: I will be writing some reviews on lip glosses and eye shadows. Of course they will have lots of pics.
If you have a request for a review just comment below!