I can’t believe it’s that time again. The faves from the year. It feels like just a short time ago I was getting my faves from 2012 and writing my list of things to try in 2013. I am happy to say I dibbled and dabbled through my 2013 list, and I’m happy to share with you my favorites list from 2013. They list is being shared in alphabetical order. It was way too hard to rank them, since I love each so much!
1. aDesign Contour Concealer Brush I was sent the Contour brush set from winning a Facebook competition. The contour concealer brush is one of my favorite brushes, I use it just about every time I apply concealer. I love the shape of this brush! It allows you to get in that inner tear duct and right under the lash line. This makes for a very clean eye, especially if you are doing a smokey, or dramatic eye. Check out my blog for more details. You can order this online for $14.50.
2. BDellium Pencil Eye Brush I was introduced to this product line by a very well-known makeup artist in Atlanta. The quality of these brushes for the cost is sickening! My favorite from from this line (that I’ve tried so far) is the pencil brush, #780. It is great to use right at the lash line when you are wearing a smokey eye. It can be purchased on their website for under $8!
3. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara I got this as a gift at Sephora. Man, I love this stuff! It really makes your eyelashes look amazing. When I’m going out with my husband I love to wear 2 coats. It really brings out your eyes. Look below, pictures speak louder than words. You can get this online, or anywhere Benefit is sold for $10 travel size, or $23 full size.
4. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Compact Foundation This foundation is great for me. I really like Bobbi Brown Cosmetics foundations because they are yellow-based, and look so natural on ALL skin tones. My favorite formula is the Long-Wear Compact. It has a slightly dewy finish and stays fresh looking for hours. It is primarily for people with normal to oily skin but I use it (even though I have dry to normal skin) because I sweat so easily. I can blot off my sweat beads repeatedly without the makeup moving. My color is Warm Almond. You can get this from the website, or certain Sephora stores for $46.
5. M-A-C Paint Pots (painterly) I was introduced to paint pots by an established professional makeup artist here in Atlanta. It was brought to me as an awesome eye shadow primer, which it is. But I have several shimmer, satin, and glitter eye shadows, so this also doubled as a great matte finish for me, in a light neutral color. I actually love the paint pots so much that I bought them in 3 colors (Painterly, Perky-salmon/pink, and Stormy Pink – heather purple). You can get this anywhere M-A-C is sold for $20. Here’s a blog I wrote on this.
6. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Now y’all know I am a UD fanatic! Of course Urban Decay made my top list for 2013. The Naked 3 Palette is the truth! I love it because they are rosy-hued neutrals. I think this palette is for people with brown and/or green eyes, and have neutral to warm undertones. I can’t say enough about this palette so you will have to wait for my blog that is coming about it! You can get this anywhere Urban Decay is sold for $52.
Here’s a look using all of my favorites for 2013 (less Naked 3). Bobbi Brown Concealer with aDesign contour brush, Bobbi Brown Long Wear foundation, Benefit They’re Real! mascara, Urban Decay’s Vice 2 palette smoked out with BDellium Pencil Brush, with M-A-C painterly as the eye primer.